- Florida Cattlemen’s Association
- Florida Dairy Farmers
- Florida Farm Bureau Federation
- Florida Fertilizer and Agrichemical Association
- Florida Forestry Association
- Florida Fruit & Vegetable Association
- Florida Nursery, Growers and Landscape Association
- Florida Peanut Producers Association
- Florida Strawberry Growers Association
- Gulf Citrus Growers Association
- Highlands County Citrus Growers Association
- Turfgrass Producers of Florida
Florida AG Facts
- The USDA Census shows that 90% of Florida’s farms are family operations while about 10 percent are corporate entities.
- About 32,000 Florida farms, or approximately 70 percent, have 50 acres or less.
§ Ethnic ownership of farms increased by 26%, from 2,083 farms in 2002 to 2,582 farms in 2007.
- Agriculture contributed $2.98 billion in indirect tax contributions to local, county, and state governments.
- The average Florida farmer is 57 years old and has been farming for nearly 20 years.
- 44% of Florida’s farms include cattle as part of the operation.
- Florida ranked first nationally for the production of oranges, grapefruit, foliage, and squash and second nationally for the following: bell peppers, cucumbers, eggplant, snap beans, strawberries, sugarcane, tangelos, tangerines, tomatoes, melons, potatoes, fruits, berries, nursery, greenhouse, floriculture, sod and horses.
AG JOBS AVAILABLE